FAN’s funding pool is created by member contributions.
Funding Arts Network Grants
FAN is dedicated to the cultural enrichment of Miami-Dade County residents by providing funding for programs presented to the public by local visual and performing arts organizations.
If you are a visual or performing arts organization seeking funding, please review our Grant Application Instruction Booklet and consider attending our next Grant Application Workshop.
For more information contact Terry Kaplan or Tish Richardson, Co-Vice Presidents – Grants, at [email protected]
Step 1 of the 2024-25 Grant Application deadline is Friday, October 20, 2023.
Applicant organization must
- Be a visual or performing arts organization or a division or unit PRIMARILY engaged in the presentation of visual or performing arts programs to the public and that maintains its principal office in Miami-Dade County.
- Be an active, not-for-profit Florida Corporation in good standing or be a division or unit of a not-for-profit Florida Corporation in good standing, public entity, college or university in which that division or unit is administratively and programmatically distinct with its own mission, staff and budget.
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) the Internal Revenue Code for at least 36 months prior to the submission of the application and have completed at least 36 months of operations presenting visual or performing arts programs to the public in Miami–Dade County.
- Be currently registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs to solicit contributions unless the organization falls under the exempted categories listed in s. 496.403 of the Florida Statutes (e.g., educational institution, etc.).
- Request funding for a program that reflects your PRIMARY mission and will take place in Miami-Dade County during the FAN funding cycle, between July 1, 2024, and June 30, 2025.
- May NOT be a student visual or performing arts organization below the graduate level.
- The program may NOT consist primarily of non-professional artists or performers.
- If the applicant is an identifiable component of an umbrella organization (e.g. university, cultural organization), the umbrella organization may not also be an applicant in this grant cycle.
- If the program is a collaborative effort among two or more organizations, the lead organization must submit the application, meet the eligibility requirements and be the funding recipient.
- We will not fund any production/exhibit that has been presented by your organization in Miami-Dade within 5 years prior to the current FAN funding cycle unless the program is substantially different from prior presentations.
- If your proposed program begins before or extends beyond our funding period of July 1, 2024, through June 30, 2025, we will only fund that portion that occurs during the funding period.
Funding Arts Network will NOT fund:
- financing costs
- operating deficits
- pass-through funding
- capital expansion
- fundraising activities
- conferences, lectures or seminars
- master classes
- programs consisting primarily of non-professional artists or performers
- student-based recitals, performances or exhibitions below the graduate level
- school or camp-based performances/exhibits
- street fair events
- living expenses
- travel, hotel or food expenses
- expenses not directly attributable to the proposed program
The 2024-2025 FAN Grant Application is a two step process:
STEP 1 applications are now open.
The Deadline for filing Step 1 is Friday, October 20, 2023.
The Deadline for filing Step 2 is Friday, January 26, 2024.
"*" indicates required fields